There is no sign of downward pressure on energy prices for the next few years. These are unprecedented times for the care sector. In this blog, we try to discuss where the market is, why you should still consider fixed contracts, the state of green energy and what it all means for care homes.
What does it mean for care homes?
The surge in wholesale gas prices is unlikely to recover until at least 2023 and into 2024. The longer-term contracts tend to be more favourable, allowing customers to dilute higher prices over more time.
Unlike household energy, there is no price cap should care homes fall out of fixed-term contract rates, with significant increases of around 200 – 500% extra. GHM recommend not waiting until out-of-contract. Our business energy specialists can search for the best rates on your behalf.
Advantages of using an Energy Consultant
– Access to better pricing
– Access suppliers that do not sell direct
– Provide budget certainty with deals of up to 5 years
– An Account Manager to review the market and avoid out-of-contract rates
How can care homes boost Green Energy?
Green electricity is available to all care homes, so no matter how large or small, you can still be effective in this area. In fact, renewables will be a driving force in the years to come.
Unfortunately, there is a limited volume of green gas available in the UK and a growing demand, with climate change being a hot topic. However, some suppliers now offer a range of green gas products to suit every budget.
Some benefits of switching to a green electricity tariff:
– Report zero emissions for Scope 2 purchased electricity
– Reduce the organisation’s carbon footprint
– Demonstrate your commitment to renewable and sustainable goals
– Enhance your reputation with customers and residents
– Demonstrate best practices in your marketplace
For further information on securing fixed-term energy contracts, contact us on 01865 367111.